Thursday 14 October 2010

Inadequate and bald...

Yep, that's how I, as a blogger, have been described by the journalist and political commentator, Andrew Marr - Daily Mail, Tuesday October 12 2010 - Bloggers? They're inadequate and pimpled, says Andrew Marr. Well I suppose he is right about one thing; yes, I am bald but I am not inadequate or pimply, I'm not single, I'm not a young man, neither am I an angry ranting loony, nor am I sitting in my mother's basement - she doesn't have one anyway. Sure I've expressed anger in my blogs but not in the raving sense of the word. It's more like righteous anger expressed about those members of society who are the greedy hawks of this world and for some strange reason, think that they are wonderful and above the law. I have also looked at anger, as a phenomena that at times grips us all - and I mean all. It is my view that anyone who denies ever being angry is either in denial or is simply not aware of the corrupting power of internalised anger. Mr Marr's comments of course, were made during his lecture at this years Cheltenham Literature Festival where he was speaking about the decline of traditional journalism and his belief that 'Internet diarists and commentators will never offer a real replacement to newspapers and television news; 'most "citizen journalism" strikes me as nothing to do with journalism at all', the BBC political presenter said. Well, I've got news for Mr Marr. My blog, and I can only talk about my blog, has got nothing to do with journalism at all and it never was intended to be so. As it says on the main header, 'This blog is my garden shed, my thinking space. This where I can come and write down my thoughts, feelings, opinions and views on matters that might affect me. All here is valid. If you happen to read something here that you deem to be stupid, please remember that there is really no such thing as 'stupid', for even that description serves a worthy purpose by reinforcing and confirming that your own views are valid too.' Perhaps Mr Marr should read it some time and reflect. He may then stop knocking others just for the sake of pleasing his audience.

For further commentary about Mr Marr's remarks and his hypocrisy, take a look at the following link: http://www.libdemvoice.org/andrew-marr-a-little-bit-of-a-hypocrite-21556.html

No comments:

Post a Comment