Friday 19 November 2010

Sauna talk...

Went to my health club last night for a sauna and steam. Met 3 guys in there who I had not seen for a while and who were engaged in talking about the state of the nation; well, mainly it was a moan about the ex labour Chancellor and Prime minister, Gordon Brown, who almost single handedly ruined the UK pensions industry and took the country towards financial ruin. What a plonker! Plonkership politics of course, was already a trade mark of the labour government, as demonstrated so effectively by Mr Tony Blair; you know, the one who took us into an illegal war, made a lot of money from it and who was best mates with that, seen by some, American war criminal, George W Bush. When I look back at the Blair/Brown years, I can't help but come to the conclusion that they headed the worst government seen in decades and unfortunately it will take decades to recover from their combined stewardship of this country. I'm not that impressed by the coalition government we have in place right now, mind you but I'll bide my time for a while just to see how 'they' do. After 65 years of living on this planet of ours and being subjected to various forms of government; well, mostly those of either a labour or conservative persuasion, I can honestly say that I don't reside in any particular political camp and I await with interest to see how well our latest hybrid government performs - I wonder how many plonkers will come forth?

No comments:

Post a Comment