Wednesday 1 July 2009

The first day...

Well, today is the 1 July and today is my first day of freedom from a 5" stainless steel pin that's been living in my foot for the last 70 days; today, is also my first day back at work. I didn't want to go to work mind you, I've got too much going on here for that but still it won't last long, as work will be coming to an end at the end of the month, so my boss says. So, on the 1st of the month then, I've had two new beginnings and the promise of one ending, at the end of the month of course. I am wondering about quite a lot of things at the moment; my foot for one thing, has it mended properly? Will I be able to run again; not just yet I'm told. What about my loss of fitness and gain of weight? I'm told that I can bike, workout in the gym, do some gentle walking and I can aqua jog and swim too; not so good with the swimming though and swimming lengths is so boring that I start to drown just after two of them. As for my weight, now hovering a smidgen under 13st, well that will have to go and I've started on that already by altering my diet. I'm not 'on a diet', I'm just changing what I eat for two of my three meals a day; at least that's the plan. My new food comes in a tub; it was called 'Vega' but now it's called 'Thrive' and it costs £50.00 for 1ltr of the stuff. Thrive is a raw, plant-based whole food and it contains lots and lots of added vitamins and minerals, is gluten free, dairy free, soya free and is clean and green both in respect of energy savings and colour; I wonder if my poo will be green? The label on the tub suggests that this food is for 'athletes' and as my running coach and his buddy keep insisting that I am an athlete, then I guess this stuff is for me. You take this stuff, a powder, and mix it with water or fruit juice and one serving is just 240 calories. Guess I'll just have to wait and see and let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment