Friday 17 July 2009

To busy for my own good...

Now that my pin is out of my foot, I'm being busy; too busy for my own good I feel. I'm busy at work. I'm busy driving my own car once more. I'm busy getting fit again. I'm busy visiting my elderly mother in hospital. I've been busy downsizing friendships and then repairing them again. I've been busy going sailing with mates; yes it seems that I do have some! I've been busy replacing faulty wifi kit (twice), that just stopped working for some reason and I've been busy getting tickets for the 2009 WOMAD Festival. All this being busy is just leaving me breathless and slightly frustrated at not being able to grab some some decent blog time. Still, I'm sure that I will get some space soon and then I can get back to blogging, which over the last few months has become an important outlet for my thought streams and I want it to remain that way. This being busy is not really that good for me, in fact it's downright unhealthy; I am in danger of being swallowed up once more by the comings and goings and doings of life and my access to that precious commodity, time, has been shrinking fast. In fact, I had a warning about this only yesterday morning when out walking the dog, as in the space of that moment I could breath once more and I suddenly felt quite tearful; that came as a bit of a shock I can tell you. So, why tearful? Well, it's all about reaction really and my body, in order to cope with a series of events that were mainly out of my control, flooded itself with that high speed fuel, adrenalin. Mentally and physically, I had gone from 0 to 60 in a nanosecond and after months of inaction, I was not ready for this intense burst of energy. The poster top left says it all really and I'm going to take notice of what it is saying; that's if I've got time of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment