Wednesday 12 August 2009

Meditation along the shoreline...

Currently, I'm staying, on my sail boat in Chichester Harbour and today I was supposed to have done a 45 minute off road run out along the Salterns Way towards Dell Quay, returning along the shoreline path to the marina where my boat is moored. What happened? My back went that's what happened and that only a few minutes into the run too! Bearing in mind that I am supposed to be in my post operative recovery phase, this sort of thing is not supposed to happen at all. Luckily for me, I was running with Gill, my wife, and it was she who, after initially helping me to deal with the pain, encouraged me to walk the rest of the planned route, rather than give up and return to the boat in grumpy defeat. I was so glad that I did this, as along the sun drenched shoreline path, I got into a sort of gentle walking rhythm that naturally morphed into a form of walking meditation, which then enabled me to disconnect with the discomfort of severely pulled back muscles and enjoy the world unfolding in front of me and all around me; a world of butterflies, bees, dappled shade and wonderful views of the meandering shoreline - ho hum. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment