Saturday 16 May 2009

Running haiku... must stop, OCD threatens

There are quite a few examples of running haiku to be found on the Internet. Some of those included here belong to members of the Dead Runners Society, some are from other sources and one or three are my own.

Black clouds approaching
I am too slow, they catch me -
Thank God for Gortex


Running the towpath
The smell of fresh brewed coffee -
Happy boaters smile

He is much faster
So it is Marc I follow -
Hope he is not lost.

Rain slashing streetlights
Shoulder's hunched, caps pulled down tight -
Running partners wait

Blissful, warm blankets
Spose'd to run five at Tempo -
Maybe tomorrow....

Fluid and flowing
Cold and ceaselessly running - 
Not me, just my nose

Early morning run
The frozen lake my witness -
Hot chocolate waits!

Loud cheers, crowd goes wild
Winner surges and takes the prize -
Second one too late

Is that a Nike?
Mud and dust obscures the brand -
Trails need no name

Flicker of shadows
Slice into shards of daylight -
Bright as a friend's laugh

and finally...

Petzl headlights ON
Root unseen, shoots from the earth -
My running mate gone

Dusty Provence trail
In front, a Mirage morphing -
Ah, Holby City nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment