Wednesday 20 May 2009

Why do I run?

I run to be 'in nature'; 'To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower'. 
William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

I run to escape the noise and pollution of our world and I run to find the silent places; they do exist you know and I'll run to take you there one day. I run to be alone and, to share with others. I run to see the trees and to feel the wind. I run to stop along the way; to silently watch the kingfisher, the heron, the badger and the deer; to watch the small beetle cross my path and to see the colours of the light and shade. I run because I'm lazy and I run to see how far I can go. I run to free my mind and to loosen my limitations. I run to make sense of life and I run to put past hurts behind me. I run to feel the seasons; to feel the sun, the rain and the snow and I run to touch the breath of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment