Monday 8 June 2009

A day in the life of a non runner...

Out with the dog first thing this morning. As usual, she did some deep sniffing while I stood and watched the smallest of moths flutter across my vision from ground to tree. This moth fluttered so slowly, so delicately that it seemed to take ages for it to travel to its chosen landing spot; the slightest of breezes would have meant a different flight path and possibly a different destiny for this tiny creature. Only landing for a moment, the moth took off again and fluttered across the open water of the nearby canal. Focusing intently on its beating wings, I watched until they and the little moth disappeared into the backdrop sky and was no more - gone!

Later in the day, summoned by the Harbour Master's written notice that my boat was not displaying its licence plaque and a fine of £50.00 could be levied if I did not correct this aberration within 14 days, I travelled down to the sea and, as it happens, down to the sun. On my boat then, I soon put wrongs to right, made a cup of tea and sat munching ginger biscuits, feeding the crumbs to the two swans and the three cygnets who called by. In this place, peacefulness filled the air and I was contented.

1 comment:

  1. Hi chris, another day in the weekend and so browsed a bit more... I liked this entry.....simple yet descriptive...Could picture the moth fluttering and the thought of tea in hand and ginger biscuits! Now, that's life!!! Cheerio

    ReplyDelete