Sunday 7 June 2009

Narcissistic personality disorder...

The Mail on Sunday, page 11 headline: - Blair: The darkness in his heart will bring him down.

Of course, it's Gordon Brown that he is referring to here and where he reportedly says that, 'Gordon Brown's political future is doomed because of 'the darkness in his heart and his lies'. I was so incensed on reading this statement that I wanted to rush off and write yet another blog bemoaning the actions of this man; not in protection of Gordon Brown but in response to the rush my own thoughts and feelings. However, I did not do that and instead asked myself the question, why is it that this man makes me so cross? Why do I dismiss what he has to say with such derision? Why is that when I look at this man, I feel sick? Well, the bottom line is that everything about Mr Blair; that smile, those words, his actions and his use of religion to say, 'look at me, I go to church', thereby implying his purity and goodness, remind me so much of another, another who used to say similar things about me! Yep, my hackles are raised. My own past life experiences are brought to life because of the way this man behaves and I don't like it! Have you ever met someone who you've taken an instant dislike to? If you have, then it's highly probable that it's because they subconsciously remind you of someone else, someone who is connected with a bad experience in your life and someone who you do not wish to be reminded of - it also means that there is more than one of them in this world. The another by the way, is a long time gone from my life now but I still carry the wounds; scar tissue if you like. Anyway, must get on. Having had first-hand experience of the behavioural traits of the another, I can't help but recognise similar traits in Mr Blair and this leads me to surmise that he may be suffering from Narcissistic personality disorder. Click on the link and see 'What is the criterion for NPD' and you will understand where I'm coming from. Three clues in the form of phrases attributed to Mr Blair (one of them is attributed to Mrs Blair but is about her husband), do I believe go some way to support my NPD theory and these are listed below but if you have to time to look, I'm sure you would find many more out there. The phrases then are as follows:
  • 'The darkness in his heart and his lies'. - Tony Blair. This from the man who's reason to go to war with Iraq was based on lies.
  • 'God will be my judge'. - Tony Blair. A denial of personal responsibility and of blame.
  • '...he will be remembered as a statesman equal in rank to that of Winston Churchill'. - Mrs Blair. The seeking of grandioseness.
So it's not that I've got a downer on Mr Blair at all. It's more to do with the past, my past but that doesn't mean I like what he represents; in fact what he represents and how he presents is what I don't like.

That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment