Tuesday 23 June 2009

Quantum healing for body/mind...

Well, I'm reading, or more like pond dipping, another three body/mind books that I have found on my rather dusty book shelves. They are, Quantum Healing by Deepak Chopra MD (Bantam New Age Books 1990), Journey to Freedom by leslie Kenton (Thorsons, 1999) and The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner (HarperSanFrancisco, 1990).

Quantum Healing is about exploring the body/mind connection with a view to gaining an understanding of the principles that underlie physical reality and that create our everyday environment; in particular the environment of our own bodies. Deepack Chopra goes on to explain further: 'Quantum healing is healing the bodymind from a quantum level. That means from a level which is not manifest at a sensory level. Our bodies ultimately are fields of information, intelligence and energy. Quantum healing involves a shift in the fields of energy information, so as to bring about a correction in an idea that has gone wrong. So quantum healing involves healing one mode of consciousness, mind, to bring about changes in another mode of consciousness, body'.

Journey to Freedom is a practical workbook offering 13 quantum leaps for the soul by exploring and using the power of shamanism. leslie Kenton says: 'This book is about freedom - not as an idea but as a living experience. It centres around a thirteen-week integrated programme of practical tools and techniques designed to enrich the experience of freedom in your own life and then keep on expanding it. The process has been developed out of a marriage of the most ancient techniques known to man for expanding consciousness - shamanism - together with leading-edge physics, biology, systems theory and the rapidly developing science of consciousness itself'.

The Way of the Shaman is again a practical workbook offering ways of achieving and maintaining well-being through the application of shamanistic methodology. Michael Harner goes on to say: 'In shamanism, the maintenance of one's personal power is fundamental to well-being. The book will introduce you to some of the basic shamanic methods of restoring and maintaining personal power, and using it to help others who are weak or ill, or injured. The techniques are simple and powerful. Their use does not require 'faith' nor changes in the assumptions you have about reality in your ordinary state of consciousness. Indeed, the system usually does not even require change in your unconscious mind either, for it only awakens what is already there'.

I like that last statement in particular; 'for it only awakens what is already there'. I think that's what I am experiencing right now in this body/mind journey of mine; this awakening, this recognition of 'what is already there'. I have been aware for some time that something has been prodding me, poking me, telling me to take notice and it seems that it took a shattered joint in my foot* to do that. This awakening also fits with my earlier body/mind discoveries, as taken from Helen Shapiro's book, Your Body Speaks Your Mind - lets hope I don't go to sleep again. There is also further evidence of this awakening, as demonstrated in my blogs, some of which have a strong shamanic theme running through them - i.e. An audience of trees, Do you ever, A flute in my garden etc. These blogs then, are where I write down the messages of my soul, messages that have risen up from the deep and are now down on paper (metaphorically speaking) for all to see, for all to read and for me perhaps, to act upon. I guess I have to act, as it appears that my inner-being (my true self?) got so frustrated with my long standing cognitive shortfall, that it arranged for me to have a little running accident - i.e. it broke my foot!

* To quote from Helen's book: 'Our feet also indicate how we feel about where we are going. If, for instance, there is fear of what lies ahead - perhaps due to old age, illness, or insecurity - then toes may curl or the feet become sore so that we cannot walk easily. This stops us from moving forward, as if we are trying to stop the future from happening. Or it may feel as if there is nowhere to go, so why bother'.

Note: My first 'real' experience of shamanic culture was at the 2006 Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset 100K footrace. The race was (and still is) based in Lake Hovsgol National Park in northern Mongolia and it is where shamanism is still the main belief system. You are so close to nature in this place, you can't help but become part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment