Tuesday 16 June 2009

A flute in my garden...

David* the flute maker came to my home this morning. We spent nearly 2 hours together, listening to and talking about flutes - Native American style flutes. He played and did most of the talking, I mostly listened. He is going to make me one of my own; one that is made specifically for me and my little short fingered hands. David liked the peacefulness of my sunny garden and played his flutes there; for himself and for the birds. Even the dog awoke from her slumbers to listen to him playing. In my garden the water trickled, the fish swam and the insects and bees hummed about their business. All was peaceful and all was well with the world. Apart from being able to play one tune on a mouth organ, I can't play or read a note of music but that doesn't matter, that's not what this is about. This is about expression, about being able to say how I feel through the medium of a Native American style flute. This is about being in touch with nature, about being enabled to share my inner most thoughts and feelings with the world and about healing wounds, my wounds. The sound that a Native American flute makes is a natural one, one that can resonate with the natural vibrations of the human body, thus their sound can touch your Soul. Guess I'd better get learning.

* David is second voice flutes, just click on the name to visit his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment